I am officially down 25 lbs! Yay!!!
With the exception of the rare coffee or dinner out I'm "eating clean" about 90% of the time. Plus I'm totally rocking my workouts several times a week now. It's become natural and I am feeling so powerful from it!
Now we're in our second cycle of actively TTC (again) and I'm trying to stay positive. This will happen. And if it doesn't....well, we have a consult with a fertility clinic at the end of the month. So I am hoping very hard that healthy living and positive thinking will do their thing and help us avoid all the grief of poking and prodding and lord-knows-what-else.
I've been thinking a lot lately about infertility and how hidden it is in our society. Why are we ashamed? Why am I ashamed? I feel this constant urge to come clean, and in a way - by writing this post - I am. I still feel it was right to quit my other blog - the bitterness wasn't healthy and no one needed to see that. But the fertility struggle part? I don't see why I should have to hide that. This affects more people than we realize and as long as we continue to avoid talking about it, the stigma will remain.
Bit by bit, I've become fed up with trying to hide my thoughts and feelings. I'm tired of giving a non-commital shrug anytime someone asks me when I plan to have a baby, when I really just want to say that we are trying and it hurts to discuss it. And when Pinterest became flooded with Facebook friends, I decided not to remove my "Maybe Baby" board. Yes, it's a little embarrassing for people to see how much I'm wishing for a baby...but that board keeps me feeling hopeful. I need it, so it stays.
Although I'm not planning to change my Facebook status to: "Guess what? I'm infertile!" anytime soon, I'm not going to feel ashamed and will do whatever I need to do to work through my feelings. Keeping it in only causes stress that is surely not going to help our situation any.
~Michelle
great post, totally get what you are saying. <3
ReplyDelete